It is freezing outside! Its on days like this that I just crave comfort food, and there is nothing better than a nice steaming bowls of soup. This is a really easy soup to make but it is a delicious way to banish those winter blues.
- 25g Butter
- 1 White Onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- 1 Clove Garlic, peeled and crushed.
- 550g Leeks, chopped
- 200g Floury Potatoes, peeled and cubed into 1cm cubes
- 3 Sticks Celery, Chopped
- 1.3 Litres Hot Vegetable Stock
- Salt and Pepper to Season
- Melt the butter in pan over a low heat and cook the onion and celery for 10 mins until soft.
- Add the garlic and cook for an extra minute.
- Add the Leeks and coat in butter and cook for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the potatoes and stock.
- Bring to the boil, the reduce the heat and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- If you want you can cool the soup completely then whiz in the liquidiser before reheating and serving. I didn't do this as I wanted chunky soup but its completely up to you what you do.
- Season with salt and pepper.